Tuesday, August 25, 2015

If I Could Keep You Little..


So, I’ve been second-guessing my decision to send Keegan to preschool this year, like extreme, hard-core second-guessing: thinking about it all day, praying about it all night kind of thing.  This book, “If I Could Keep You Little” by Marianne Richmond, brought on an epiphany, one that I think I needed.
I had bought this book on a whim: cute illustrations, short n’ sweet, and it seemed to have a cute message, but what I didn’t realize until I finished reading with Keegan, was that it probably wasn’t made as much for children as it was made for mommy’s, just like me.  …Mommy’s who are sending their babies out into a different world for the first time, mommy’s who have a hard time wondering how their child’s going to do in the care of an unfamiliar teacher in an unfamiliar setting surrounded by unfamiliar children, or, Mommy’s who simply have a hard time wrapping their head around the fact that their children are growing up!  It’s really a good encouragement for all the in-denial or worrywart moms ;) Ugh, SO. ME. 

Just wanted to share this book and how it seemed to make its way into my life when I needed it to the most!
It was the kind of reassurance I needed, that I can’t keep him little, he needs to blossom himself, and a few hours a week away from me isn’t going to harm him………. 
It isn’t.
Right?
Yeah.
He’ll be okay.
 I’ll be okay.
BRB going to read the book again….


To my Keegan:

If I could keep you little, I’d keep you close to me.  But then I’d miss you growing into who you’re meant to be!
-“If I Could Keep You Little” by Marianne Richmond

-I can’t wait to see you become YOU!  Although you may still be “little” for a short while, bit by bit you will need me less and less, and that will be a bittersweet time for Mommy.   I can’t keep you little or close to me forever, but, I’ll always be there for the times you to decide you need to stay close to me.    

Love you, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment